Interested in Volunteering at Levine Children's Hospital?
Levine Children's Hospital has created a wide variety of volunteer opportunities for every schedule. Some of the volunteer options require a regular commitment, while others allow for more flexibility and less time commitment. Choose the option that works best for you and your schedule. Learn more about the application process and contact Volunteer Services at 704-355-2105 to discuss the possibilities.
Learn more about our volunteering opportunities below. Then see the difference a few hours of your time can make in the world of a child.
Our in-house volunteers are the volunteers who work within Levine Children’s Hospital. In-house volunteers commit to a regular schedule for a one-year time period. They offer help and a healing touch for patients and families who are apprehensive, worried and frightened. They alleviate these natural fears and apprehensions and help our patients and families feel at ease.
In-house volunteers can provide support in a variety of positions:
- Assisting Child Life in making a child’s stay more enjoyable by reading stories, playing games or coloring with children and their siblings
- Providing non-clinical support to infants and toddlers in the progressive care nursery
- Providing clerical and non-clinical support services to enhance patient care and assist staff by performing general office assistance such as answering phones, paging staff, making copies or filing
- Greeting patients, family and visitors. Assisting in transporting and discharging patients
- Assisting families and patients in the Family Resource Center
- Delivering flowers and magazines to patients and families
- Assisting in waiting rooms of the Emergency Department, Radiology, and Surgery
- Assisting in the pediatric hematology / oncology clinic and the pediatric rehabilitation department by reading stories, playing games or coloring with children and their siblings
Call the Volunteer Services Department at 704-355-2105 to discuss these and other available volunteer positions.
Community Volunteers assist at various community events such as health fairs, and other events sponsored by Levine Children’s Hospital. These volunteers help distribute information about Levine Children’s Hospital, provide assistance in preparing for events and fulfill a variety of other responsibilities. Community Volunteers are not asked to commit to a regular schedule and can commit to an event when it works with their schedule. To become a community volunteer, please call Levine Children’s Hospital Volunteer Services.
Special Interest Volunteers
Special Interest volunteers help Levine Children’s Hospital by doing the things that they love most. Whether it’s knitting blankets for the infants or creating background pieces for story time, these volunteers help bring a smile to our patients and their families. Contact Levine Children’s Hospital Volunteer Services to participate as a Special Interest Volunteer.
Pet Visitation Volunteer
Our Pet Visitation Volunteers bring their certified pet visitation animals to visit identified patients. Pet visitation volunteers also supervise the interaction between the dog, patient and visitors to ensure safety.
For more information about these volunteer opportunities, please contact Volunteer Services at 704-355-2105.
Teen Volunteers (15 - 18 years old)
We are excited to offer year round volunteer opportunities to high school students ages 15-18. Volunteer Services looks for mature, self-driven, dependable teens who are seeking to serve the patients, families and staff members of Levine Children's Hospital and Carolinas Medical Center. To learn more about teen volunteer opportunities, please call 704-355-2105 or click here.